5.20.2008

It is sooooo cold in the office today! I'm wearing my Dashing mittens, and for one they match my outfit since I'm wearing a green shirt today :D But even the mitts and a lot of hot tea are only helping so much. I can't wait to go home!!

OtN: I did a major clean this weekend, and found some old yarn I'd bought at KnitNY back in 2004 or so. It's actually the reason I stopped going there: I bought some 100% wool Lopi thinking to make a shawl, and nobody thought to warn me that it would be really warm and bulky. There are just so many LYS with friendly staff that do take an interest in what you're knitting and offer free advice, that I just prefer to give them my business instead. It happened twice actually, and I also had the strong impression that the staff didn't know their stuff, so I started going to Yarn Connection on 36th street and I love them. They're just more my style.

Anyway, I found the offending Reynold's Lopi, a lovely, feltable, bulky-weight wool that just strikes me as super scratchy to knit with. I have 3 skeins of pink, 2 of one purple and 1 of a brighter purple. I'm not sure if I'll make another Little Slip of a Thing, those boxes are SO annoying. It might turn out more like a Coco bag. Either way it should be a quick-to-knit, fun purse slash knitting project bag. And felted - hehehe I loove felting these days.

No comments: